The advantages of a maintenance agreement for your air conditioning
Regular air conditioner servicing has many benefits
- Increased efficiency of operation
- Reduced chance of a costly, major breakdown at the worst time
- Longer lifespan of the unit
- Increased comfort
- Lower operating costs
- Improved air quality
- Priority call-out
- Adherence to manufacturer’s extended parts warranty
Regular air conditioner servicing can improve your air conditioner's efficiency. A clogged air filter in your air conditioning system can affect its efficiency as it will obstruct the air flow and increase the energy consumption.
A clean air filter in your room air conditioner, whether it is a ceiling recessed cassette system, or a ceiling suspended system, saves 15 percent energy compared with a dirty one. Dirty condenser coils will make the air compressor run harder which increases the energy consumption and your electricity bill.
Lower Repair Costs
If regular maintenance is not carried out, your air conditioner could eventually cost you more on major repairs. Additionally, if your room air conditioner is installed in a business-critical server room, any breakdown will severely affect business continuity. Scheduled air conditioner servicing from London Cool can help you keep small problems from turning into the need for major AC repairs. Regular servicing will also help you to identify the leaks which can affect your air conditioner or building structure.
All appliances, whether they are wall or floor AC mounted systems, have a specified ‘shelf life’ in which they can perform well. Regular maintenance will increase the life and performance of the air conditioner. If any one part fails in the air conditioner system, it will affect the overall performance, eg a dirty filter and condenser will result in premature failure of the internal parts of your air conditioner.
Scheduling your air conditioner service will help improve the overall lifetime of your system and ensure it operates at optimum efficiency.
Sometimes an air conditioner will not provide the comfort that you need, even using it to its full capacity. An appliance loses 5% of its efficiency every year but with regular servicing a unit will maintain up to 95% of its original efficiency. This means that the cost of a regular service is quickly recovered in savings on your monthly electricity bill and in reduced repair costs. A properly serviced air conditioner will also do a better job of dehumidifying your home or office.
Better Air Quality
An efficient air conditioner will also clean the air in your offices or other premises. The filter is designed to catch the dust in the air, although the more dust that gathers, the less efficiently the filter will work. Regular servicing ensures that any build up of dust is removed and the filter will be able to do its job in keeping the internal workings of the unit clear. It also purifies the air that passes over it so that everyone is breathing clearer air.
If possible, a good time to have your air conditioning installation serviced is the spring so that you can ensure your system is running smoothly, at its maximum capacity and its minimum energy consumption, before you really need it. You are also likely to get a more timely service if you arrange it for before the service technicians get busy in peak season.
What does a regular service entail?
An air conditioning service technician will look at and listen to your air conditioner closely. As a minimum, he should check -
- the system operating pressures against the manufacturer’s specifications
- the system operating temperatures against the manufacturer’s specifications
- the operation of all zone motors
- and test condensate pump and carry out a condensate removal test
- all safety devices
- Clean the condensing unit coils
- Clean the evaporator coils
- Oil the fan motors (if required)
- Tighten all electrical terminals
When your air conditioner needs more than regular maintenance, a well-trained professional service technician will find and fix problems in your air conditioning system. Most manufacturers, such as Fujitsu, Daikin, Mitsubishi Heavy, Mitusbishi Electric or Toshiba, require that a maintenance or service contract is in place in order to comply with the manufacturers’ extended parts warranties.
The technician may:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant
- Test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector
- Capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the atmosphere
- Check for and seal duct leakage in central systems
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Verify the correct electric control sequence and make sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
For all your servicing and maintenance needs, do give us a call – 0800 440 444 – for our nationwide service to all industries and sectors.